Ingredients for Making Aloo Bread Pakora
- Gram flour – 2 cup
- Bread – 8
- Potato – 5 (boiled)
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp or grated
- Green chilly – 1-2 (minced)
- Salt – 1 tsp or as per taste
- Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Red chilly powder – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – less than 1/4
- Mango powder – 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Garam masala – 1/4 tsp
- Oil – for frying
How to make Aloo Bread Pakora
Take gram flour in any big bowl. Add half the amount of salt and red chilly powder. Add water little by little and prepare a batter.
Preheat a pan and add 1 tbsp oil into it. Peel and mash potatoes. When oil is sufficiently hot, add cumin seeds, turmeric powder, green chilly and ginger paste into it. After sauteing for while add coriander powder, potato, mango powder, red chilly powder, garam masala, salt and green coriander and mix everything really well. Saute for 2 minutes.
Stuffing is ready, take it out in a plate and allow it to cool.
Preheat oil in a pan. Take a bread slice, layer stuffing over it and place another slice over it. Press it very gently and seal. Cut bread into two pieces, giving it a triangular shape.
Likewise, prepare all bread slices.
Now, coat the bread with gram flour batter and place it warm oil for frying. Fry the bread pakoras until they turn brown in color from both sides. Once fried, take them out in a plate with absorbent paper. Similarly, prepare all bread pakoras.
Serve steaming stuffed bread pakoras with green coriander chutney, tomato sauce or any other thing.
- Make sure the gram flour batter is not too drippy or too dense.
- The oil for frying bread pakoras should be aptly heated and keep the flame medium. Very delicious bread pakoras will be ready.
- For making 8 pakoras
- Time 45 minutes