Ingredients for Potato Sandwich Recipe
- Brown bread – 4 slices
- Potatoes – 3 (medium sized)
- Frozen peas – ¼ cup
- Green coriander chutney
- Butter- 2 tbsp (optional)
- Green coriander – 2-3 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Green chilly – 1 (finely chopped)
- Dry mango powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – more than ¼ tsp or to taste
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
How to make Grilled Potato Sandwich
For preparing stuffing, peel the boiled potatoes and crumble them finely. Place a pan over flame. When the pan is hot splutter cumin seeds first. Then add 1 tbsp butter, followed by ginger, finely chopped green chilly and saute for a while. After sauteing add salt, mango powder and peas. Cover and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
When the peas turn tender, add mashed potatoes and green coriander. Mix everything really well. Stuffing is now done and ready, turn off the flame.
Stuff the bread slices
Spread some butter inside the bread slices and then spread some green coriander chutney as well. Now evenly spread the potato stuffing over it. Apply some butter and chutney on the other slice as well and place it over the potato layered bread slice. Press it down gently. Similarly prepare another sandwich as well.
Grill the sandwich
To grill the sandwich place the sandwich inside the sandwich toaster. After 3 minutes, check the sandwich. Sandwich has turned golden brown from both the sides. Take off the sandwich from the toaster and cut it diagonally. Place it on a plate.
Potato sandwich is ready, serve it steaming hot with green coriander chutney, tomato sauce or kasundi and relish eating.
- If you are using fresh peas then boil them for a while.
- Instead of dry mango powder, lemon juice can be used but add lemon juice only after preparing the stuffing.
- If you like eating spicy then you can add red chilly powder in the stuffing.
- Any other vegetable like carrot, capsicum and so on can be used for preparing the stuffing.