Ingredients for Semolina Dhokla in Microwave
- Semolina – 1 cup
- Curd – 1 cup (whisked)
- Oil – 2 to 3 tbsp
- Green coriander – 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Curry leaves – 8 to 10
- Ginger – 1 tsp (paste) or 1 inch piece (grated)
- Green chilly – 1 to 2 (finely chopped)
- Red mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – less than 1/4 tsp
- Salt – 3/4 tsp or to taste
- Eno fruit salt – 3/4 tsp
How to make Rava Dhokla in Microwave
Mix whisked curd to the semolina. Add some water if the batter appears too thick in consistency and prepare a batter same as required for making idli or pakoras.
Add salt, turmeric powder, green chilies and ginger paste to it, followed by 2 tsp oil and mix everything really well. For making this much of batter 1/2 cup water is used. Keep the batter aside for 10 minutes to set.
Take a microwave safe borosil glass bowl and grease it with some oil. Cut a butter paper equal to the size of bowl and fit it inside it. Apply some oil and place the butter paper.
Microwave the batter
Add eno fruit salt to the batter and whisk until you see bubbles inside it. Now transfer the batter to the bowl and tap it over the surface to evenly spread the batter. Place the bowl inside the microwave and cook for 4 minutes on maximum temperature.
Take out the bowl from microwave after 4 minutes. Insert a knife inside the dhokla to check. If knife comes out clean that means dhokla is ready. Cover and keep it aside for 3 to 4 minutes as it is.
After 5 minutes, cut the dhokla into desired chunks.
Heat a small pan over flame and add 2 tsp oil into it. Splatter red masturd seeds and then turn off the flame. Now add chopped curry leaves and pour this tempering over the dhokla using a spoon. Garnish with some green coriander.
Rawa dhokla is ready, transfer this super delicious dhokla in a plate and serve with green coriander chutney or coconut chutney and relish eating.
- Butter paper is used so that it get easy to transfer the dhokla from bowl.
- Add eno fruit salt in the end just prior baking it in microwave. Don’t whisk the batter too much after adding eno fruit salt. When there is formation of bubbles in the batter stop stirring and immediately place it inside the microwave.