Broccoli and Almond Soup Broccoli and almond soup, broccoli is my favourite, and on top of that i have used almonds to make this soup everyone’s favourite! mildly flavoured with celery and garlic, it tastes amazing. Almonds are toasted to bring out its complete flavour and to add crunch too. Besides being a protein-filled nut, it is also considered brain-friendly — hence, you can build your body as well as nourish your brain with this tasty soup.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Makes 3 servings
1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli stalks
1 cup broccoli florets
1/4 cup finely chopped onions
1 tsp finely chopped garlic (lehsun)
1 tsp finely chopped celery
salt to taste
1/2 tsp cornflour dissolved in 1/2 cup milk
1 tsp freshly ground black peppercorns (kalimirch)
1 tbsp roasted almond (badam) slivers
For The Garnish
2 tsp roasted almond (badam) slivers
1. Heat 2 cups of water in a deep kadhai, add the broccoli stalks and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
2. Add the broccoli florets, onions, garlic, celery and salt, mix well and cook for 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
3. Remove from the flame, allow it to cool a little.
4.Once slightly cooled, blend with a hand blender till smooth.
5. Transfer the prepared broccoli mixture into the same kadhai, add the cornflour-milk mixture, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes, while stirring continuously.
6. Add the pepper powder, roasted almond slivers, mix well and cook on a medium flame for another 1 minute.
7. Serve hot garnished with almond slivers.
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/fabfoodiesin/
Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/fabfoodies
Android App – https://goo.gl/5Jb3LL