chilla recipe | besan chilla recipe | besan ka cheela | veg omelette recipe
- 1 cup besan / gram flour / kadle hittu
- ¼ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ¼ tsp caraway seeds / ajwain
- salt to taste
- ½ cup water, or as required
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tomato, finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 5 tsp oil, for roasting
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 1 cup besan.
- add in ¼ tsp turmeric, ¼ tsp ajwain and salt to taste.
- additionally, add ½ cup water or little more.
- mix with the help of whisk to form a smooth batter.
- now rest the batter for 30 minutes or more so that besan absorbs water and turn light.
- furthermore, add in ½ onion, ½ tomato, 2 tbsp coriander leaves, 1 inch ginger and 1 green chilli.
- mix well with the help of ladle and get to a flowing consistency batter.
- further, pour a ladleful of batter onto a hot tawa and spread gently.
- pour a tsp of oil over chilla.
- allow to cook on medium flame.
- now flip the chilla and cook both sides.
- finally, fold the besan chilla and serve with green chutney.
(Visited 586 times, 1 visits today)