Summer Season is on its way and what better way to beat the heat by making this creamy, smooth and chilled Cold Coco. It’s widely famous in Surat and Gujrat and it’s a delight especially for young ones. A cool Chocolate drink would create wonders for a child and grown-ups as well.
500ml full fat milk
1 tb corn flour
2 tb cocoa powder
2 tb sugar
50g dark chocolate
some milk (For adjusting consistency)
Pour 400 ml milk in a deep pan and place it over medium heat. Allow the milk to come to a simmering stage.
- meanwhile, take rest 100 ml milk in a mixing bowl, add corn flour, sugar and cocoa powder to it and mix it well.
- add this mixture to milk and stir it continuously for 5-6 minutes
- after 5 minutes it becomes little bit thick then switch off the flame and add dark chocolate to it.
- mix it well, chocolate will mix easily with hot milk. here i have used melted chocolate you may use the compound one or chopped chocolate.
- then let it cool down. once it reach to room temperature keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours or more.
- finally, serve it chilled with some chocolate on the top.
- It is advisable to use whole milk or full cream milk, for a richer and creamier coco drink.
- Adjust sugar and dark chocolate as per your taste.
- Do not add the slurry to very hot milk or else lumps will form.
- Do not use for a cold coco drink it makes the coco very liquid consistency, instead you can make it before and allow it to set in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours.