jeera rice recipe | jeera pulao recipe | steamed zeera rice
Recipe type: main
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- salt to taste
- 1 bay leaf / tej patta
- few coriander leaves, for garnishing
- soak the basmati rice for 30 minutes and rinse the rice till the water runs clean. drain off the water and keep aside.
- in a large non stick pan / kadai add a tbsp of ghee. also add cumin seeds and bay leaf. saute for a minute till they begin to splutter.
- now add the soaked basmati rice.
- saute on medium flame for a minute. saute it gently so that you do not break rice.
- add 2 cups of water and salt to taste. always maintain the proportion of 1:2 (rice : water). close the lid and allow to cook on low flame for 20 minutes.
- after 20 minutes, gently fluff the rice with a fork.
- garnish with coriander leaves and serve jeera rice hot with dal fry, or dal tadka.
(Visited 1,273 times, 1 visits today)