khandvi recipe | how to make gujarati khandvi in pressure cooker with detailed video recipe. a popular gujarati cuisine savoury snack recipe prepared from besan or chickpea flour with butter milk / curd / yogurt and other indian spices. this favourite gujarati snack is also known as pataudi or dahivadi and in marathi it is known as suralichi vadi or patuli.
khandvi recipe | how to make gujarati khandvi in pressure cooker with step by step video recipe. khandvi snack is prepared with very less ingredients, but certainly a complicated process to prepare. the right consistency and thickness of besan batter play a important role in getting the desired shape of khandvi.
khandvi can also be prepared in 5 minutes by cooking in microwave. also, remember to stir twice in between with help of a whisk after every 1 or 1½ minutes.
Ingredients for Khandvi
Chickpea flour – 1/2 cup ( 60 gms)
Whisked curd – 1/2 cup
Salt – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Turmeric powder – less than 1/ tsp
Ginger paste – 1/2 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
Green Coriander – 1 tbsp ( finely chopped )
Fresh Coconut – 1 to 2 tbsp (grated)
Sesame seeds – 1 tsp
Black Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Green chili – 1
Water – 1 cup
How to make Khandvi :
1. In a blender jar take fresh whisked curd, salt, ginger paste, turmeric powder. Add water blend all ingredients well. Add the leftover water.
2. Take a broad pan, Turn on flame. Stir and cook until dense. Turn off flame.
3. Take any plate or tray keep it upside down. Put batter on the edge of it .Spread it thin over a thali with a spatula.Keep aside for 5 to 6 minutes, Cover and keep rest of the batter.
4. Once cool lift the khandvi from the edge with knife, then roll with fingers. Make all Khandvi rolls likewise.
5. For tadka, Heat the tadka pan add oil, once hot add black mustard seeds, sesame seeds. Turn off flame , roast the sesame seeds, add finely chopped green chili. Pour the tadka over the khandvi. Garnish with fresh grated coconut and green coriander.
6. Enjoy Authentic Khandvi as snack anytime.