Restaurant style Khoya kaju recipe – Roasted cashews are simmered in very rich and creamy gravy.
This kaju curry might not suit to everyone’s taste buds. As this curry is totally different from the usual Punjabi gravies which are spicy and made with onion-tomato gravy
As name of the dish says, khoya or mawa is added to the gravy which makes it rich and heavy. Khoya is nothing but the milk solids.This gravy is very flavorful with slight sweet taste. It is very heavy and rich that I usually prefer to make it on special occasions or celebrations.
lastly, here i have added onion paste to it but you may totally skip it to make it no onion on garlic jain recipe.
CASHEW PASTE –
CASHEW – 1 cup
watermelon seeds – 3 tbsp
water – 1/4 cup
cinnamon stick – 1 inch
cloves – 4-5
black pepper – 8-10
green cardamom- 3
ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
cashew – 1/4 cup
onion- 2 medium size, paste
mava/ khoya – 1/2 cup, crumbled or grated
salt – as per taste
sugar – 1 tbsp or as per taste
kassuri methi- 1 tsp
cream – 2 tbsp
milk – 1/2 cup
FOR CASHEW PASTE
- take cashew and watermelon seeds in bowl and let them soak in water for at least 15 minutes.
- take them in chutney jar and make smooth paste.
- In a pan take cinnamon stick, cloves, black peppers, and green cardamom and dry roast them for 2 minutes. take them out in a dish and let them cool down.
- after completely cooling down take them in a chutney jar and blend them.
- In the same pan, take ghee and fry cashews till it turns light golden brown colour.
- take them out and keep them aside.
- now add onion paste into it and cook it for 2 minutes. then add cashew paste to it and cook for more 2 minutes.
- then add mava to it and mix well.
- now add cream and fried cashew to it and mix well.
- after that add salt, sugar and kasuri methi to it and mix well.
- finally add milk or water to adjust the consistency.
- cover it and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- easy restaurant style khoya kaju is ready to serve.