Ingredients for Fenugreek Leaves Pakora
- Fenugreek leaves – 250 grams
- Gram flour – 2 cup (250 grams)
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Carom seeds – ¼ tsp
- Red chilly powder – ¼ tsp
- Ginger – 1 inch (grated)
- Green chilly – 2 to 3 (finely chopped)
- Salt –more than 1 tsp or as per taste
- Oil – for frying pakoras
How to make Methi Pakora recipe
Take gram flour in any vessel and add asafoetida, carom seeds, red chilly powder, ginger paste, green chilly and salt to it. Add little water and dissolve all lumps. Make a thick batter. Keep aside the batter for 10 minutes to set.
Break leaves from the stalk and clean them. Thoroughly wash the leaves twice and place them on a sieve or plate, diagonally so that extra water drains out. Chop the leaves finely. Now mix these chopped leaves in the batter nicely. If the batter appears too thick, then add some more water to it. Whisk the batter for 2 to 3 minutes.
Heat some oil in a wok. Take some batter from the bowl and place it in hot oil for frying. Place as many pakoras as possible at a time. Toss the pakoras and fry until they turn golden brown in color. Keep the flame medium-high or medium. Take out the fried pakoras over plate with absorbent paper. Likewise prepare all the pakoras from left over batter. It takes 5 to 6 minutes for frying pakoras at a time.
Piping hot fenugreek pakoras are ready. Serve these tantalizing pakoras with tomato sauce or green coriander chutney and relish eating.
- Use gram flour with thick granules, pakoras come out nice and delicious. In case you don’t find this gram flour one, then add 2 to 3 tbsp semolina or rice flour to the normal gram flour. With this pakoras come out crispy and crunchy.
- For 4 members
- Time – 30 minutes