methi paratha recipe | methi ka paratha | fenugreek paratha recipe
Recipe type: paratha
- 2 cups wheat flour / atta
- 1 cup methi leaves / fenugreek leaves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup curd / yogurt, fresh / sour
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp carom seeds / ajwain
- 2 tsp oil
- water as required, to knead dough
- 5 tsp oil / ghee, for roasting
- firstly, in large mixing bowl take wheat flour and chopped methi leaves.
- also add ¼ cup of curd. curd helps to remove the bitterness of methi leaves.
- additionally, add spices and salt to taste.
- furthermore, add 2 tsp of oil and combine well.
- additionally, add some water and knead the dough.
- cover with moist cloth and rest for 30 minutes.
- now pinch a medium sized ball dough, roll and flatten it.
- also dust with some wheat flour.
- roll to 5 inches using rolling pin.
- additionally, grease with ghee or oil
- bundle it up and flatten to ball.
- further roll it in a thick circle like paratha.
- now on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
- furthermore, when the base is partly cooked, flip the methi paratha.
- also brush oil / ghee and press slightly.
- finally, serve methi paratha with raita and pickle.
(Visited 230 times, 1 visits today)