onion paratha recipe | pyaz ka paratha recipe | pyaaz paratha
Recipe type: paratha
- 2 cups wheat flour / atta
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup water, or as required
- 1 tsp oil
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped
- ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder / lal mirch powder
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric / haldi
- ¼ tsp cumin powder / jeera powder
- salt to taste
- ½ tsp aamchur / dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- few seeds / ¼ tsp ajwain / caraway
- firstly, prepare wheat dough and rest for 20 minutes.
- meanwhile, preaprae the stuffing by heating a pan with a tsp of oil.
- add in 1 cup finely chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- also add ½ tsp ginger-garlic paste and continue to saute till the onions turn translucent.
- further, turn off the flame and add spices, ½ tsp salt and 2 tbsp coriander leaves.
- combine all the ingredients well, and onion paratha stuffing is ready.
- after dough has rested for 20 minutes, knead the dough slightly.
- pinch a ball sized dough, roll about 5 to 5.5 inches in diameter.
- place 2 tbsp full of prepared onion stuffing in the center.
- take the edge and start pleating bringing to center.
- sprinkle some flour and roll to of a chapati size.
- on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook both sides.
- also brush oil / ghee and press slightly.
- finally, serve hot onion paratha recipe / pyaaz ka paratha recipe with sauce, raita or pickle.
(Visited 396 times, 1 visits today)