sabudana thalipeeth recipe | sabakki rotti recipe | sabudana roti recipe with detailed video recipe. basically, a roti recipe for vrat and fasting, especially during navratri fasting.
sabudana roti is a maharashtrian delicacy prepared especially during fasting. however, this simple and tasty roti recipe is heavily adopted by all over india. sabudana thalipeeth is prepared especially during vrat and navratri festival. having said that, it is also served for day-to-day breakfast and also for lunch and dinner.
furthermore, i want to highlight the reason why sabudana is served during vrat fasting. usually, for any fasting, all the grain food is prohibited. however, sago or sabakki is a non grain food. moreover, sabudana is full of carbs and also a energy booster by producing more glucose.
Hence it is ideal and consumed during fasting. interestingly, sabudana does not contain any vitamins or minerals. therefore, it is recommended to have sabudana recipes with either milk or dry fruits. this makes an ideal balanced diet during vrat or fasting.
For soaking sabudana
• Sabudana 1 cup (sago)
• Water 1 cup
• Wash the sabudana thoroughly ensuring with minimum starch.
• Soak the sabudana in equal parts of water for minimum 4-5 hours.
For making thalipeeth
• Potatoes 4-5 medium sized (boiled)
• Green chillies 1-2 nos. (chopped)
• Curry leaves 4-5 nos. (chopped)
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Sugar 1 tsp
• Cumin seeds (jeera) 1 tsp
• Peanuts 1/4th cup (roasted & crushed)
• Lemon juice 1 tsp
• Salt to taste
• Oil 1 tsp
• In a big mixing bowl mix and combine all the ingredients with soaked sabudana.
• Take a portion of mixture and place it on a butter paper & press with your palms into a thin layer. Make a hole in the centre.
• Place the thalipeeth on a medium hot tawa, pour the oil in the centre.
• Cook on both the sides until crisp and golden brown.
• Serve hot.