shankarpali recipe | sweet shakarpara recipe | sweet shakkar para
shankarpali recipe | sweet shakarpara recipe | sweet shakkar para with detailed photo and video recipe. basically a sweet maida biscuits or diamond shaped biscuits prepared especially during diwali festival or during holi as a munching snack. it is a simple snack food prepared with maida flour, sugar, cardamom powder and ghee. it is later shaped into diamond biscuits and deep fried or baked till crisp.
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 1 cup maida / plain flour / all purpose flour / refined flour
- 1 tsp rava / semolina / sooji
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder / elachi powder
- 2 tbsp ghee / clarified butter
- oil for deep frying
- firstly, in a large mixing bowl dissolve ¼ cup sugar in ¼ cup water.
- add in 1 cup maida, 1 tsp rava, ¼ tsp cardamom powder, 2 tbsp ghee.
- combine well and knead to smooth and soft dough.
- further roll it slightly thick like paratha. if you prefer this shakarpara then you can roll thinly.
- cut in diamond shape, size of your choice.
- deep fry in hot oil, or bake at 180 degree celsius for 15-20 minutes.
- stir occasionally keeping the flame on medium.
- fry till the sweet shankarpalli / shankarpara turns golden and crisp.
- finally, drain over kitchen towel and serve / store sweet shankarpalli / shankarpara in an airtight container once cooled completely.
(Visited 381 times, 1 visits today)