veg kolhapuri recipe | vegetable kolhapuri recipe restaurant style with detailed video recipe. a spicy mixed vegetable curry recipe originated from kolhapur, maharashtra. it is thick red curry served as main course with roti, paratha, naans and even with hot steamed rice.
basically a thick coconut based extra spicy curry recipe from western part of maharasthtra. it is open ended curry in terms of adding vegetables. it is typically cooked with vegetables like aloo, gobi, carrot, peas and even broccoli. moreover it is spiced with a unique kolhapuri masala which is blend of whole dry spices and dry coconut.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
• Oil 2 tbsp
• Raw Potato 2 medium size (diced)
• Cauliflower ½ cup (blanched)
• French beans ½ cup
• Capsicum ½ cup (diced)
• Carrots ½ cup (diced)
• Green peas ½ cup
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Onions 3-4 medium size (sliced)
• Ginger 1 inch (chopped)
• Cashew nuts 4-5 nos.
• Tomato 4-5 medium size (diced)
• Salt to taste
• Kashmiri red chillies 4-5 nos.
• Garlic 4-5 cloves
• Oil 1 tsp
• Butter 1 tbsp
• Cumin seeds (jeera) 1 tsp
• Cinnamon stick 1 inch
• Bay leaf 1-2 nos.
• Star anise 1 no.
• Green cardamom 2-3 nos.
• Black pepper corns 1 tsp
• Cloves 4-5 nos.
• Dry red chilly 4-5 nos.
• Red chilly powder 1 tbsp
• Coriander powder 1 tbsp
• Turmeric powder 1/4th tsp
• Paneer 250 gm
• dry roasted coconut powder 2tbsp
• kasuri methi 1 tsp
• garam masala 1 tsp
• fresh coriander 1 tbsp
• lemon juice 1 tsp
• Heat oil in a pan, add potatoes and cauliflowers, shallow fry on high heat until golden brown.
• Add the remaining veggies and sauté on high flame for 2-3 minutes. Keep the veggies aside.
• Heat oil in a wok, add onions and cook until it starts to turn brown.
• Add ginger, cashew nuts, Magaz, tomatoes and salt to taste, cook until tomatoes are mushy.
• Cool down the mixture completely, grind the mixture to form a well puree.
• Soak the Kashmiri chillies in boiling water for 10 minutes.
• Grind the soaked chillies and garlic into a fine paste, adjust the consistency by adding water.
• Heat oil and butter in a wok, add the whole spices and sauté them for a minute, add the red chilly garlic paste, and cook until oil is released.
• Add the red chilly powder, coriander powder and turmeric powder and mix well, add the freshly prepared pureed gravy, cook for 5-6 minutes.
• Add the fried veggies and paneer, dry roasted coconut powder, salt to taste, kasuri methi and garam masala, stir and cook well for 5-6 minutes, add hot water as required to adjust the consistency of the gravy, cook further for 3-5 minutes.
• Finish it with some freshly chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice, mix well and serve hot with roti or paratha.
(Visited 63 times, 1 visits today)